Looking to promote at an event, outing or with a giveaway? There are three very important questions that need to be asked; Why? Who? and What? My fellow blogger at ASI had some valuable information I found very interesting and helpful, so I thought I'd share it here:
Why? Why should I consider using promotional products over other mediums?
- ASI found 84% of people who receive promotional products are able to easily recall the brand on their item.
- ASI found that 81% of people keep their promotional item because it is useful
- Promotional products have an average cost-per-impression of $.004, pretty hard to beat considering your other options of TV and radio ads.
- 62% of promotional item recipients end up doing business with that company
- Recipients keep their promotional item, on average, around 6 months.
Who? Who is my promotion's audience going to be?
- This will be a very important determining factor deciding other important decisions such as what promotional item would be best to use.
- Knowing the audience's demographics will help you optimize your next promotion by allowing you to make smart useful decisions.
What? What promotional products will fit the needs of my audience?
- Your promotional items should be useful and meet the needs and desires of your audience. This way your audience is pleased and excited to advertise your company or organization.
- If you're having a hard time thinking of some ideas, keep these top categories in mind:
So for your next promotion consider these facts and remember, never stop asking the important questions, Why? Who? and What?
Download the full ASI promotional products study (PDF).